315R 2003 Which Carb Is Std?

paul_m

which carb should my 2003 315r have as standard fitted?

it has a kehine PWK fitted, serial no. 73RA2 NDR

is this correct? ive been reading about a different model fitted and wondered if this was an up/down grade.

cheers, paul

Hi

My 04 has a keihin fitted and it is considered an upgrade, though as the bike had it fitted when I got it I dont know

what difference it makes over standard. Makes more top end (in theory) I believe 28 mm bore as oppose to 26mm.

The big guns 300cc bikes have em fitted so I think you need the cc to get the best out of em.

Mine runs fine though with the keihin

Ta

B

Here is the answer on Keihin vs Dellorto.

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/34754-phbl-versus-vhst-carb/page__st__15#entry261918

As many others, my motto is still "the PHBL is still the best $15 carb ever produced". It just works like a AK47!

IMO Keihin and Mikuni make the best small engine carbs in the world. The Dellorto problem is poor mixture control at part throttle and the Keihin is much better. Some have had good luck fine tuning the Dellorto and others prefer the Keihin. I have a PWK ready to go on my 315R but I'm still fussin with the air boot, I would like a larger air boot than the Montesa unit.

So a question; What air boot solution and/or carb adapter are you using on the 315R with a Keihin PWK carb?

well mine was on the bike when i got it.

but had a major strip down and clean the other week (thats how i found it). i have no adapters on. it was a pain in the ar$e to get together again, but its there and seems to run fine, although not ridden properly due to work.