Recomend Me A Club In East Anglia/suffolk

petecam

Hi

Recently joined the forum and bought a Rev 3.

I'm going to spend a bit of time getting used to the bike but would like to join a club at some point.

Looking on here:

http://www.easternacu.org/ACU2012/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=487

There are quite a few clubs to choose from!

I'm based near Bury St Edmunds.

So I wondered if anyone can recommend one to join? I'm 42 so would like to maybe join a club with a similar dynamic or at least a good mix of ages. I also trail ride and might do the odd Enduro if that makes any difference?

Thanks

Pete

Hi Pete

I live in Ely and ride with the Cambridge Matchless club which is just over the border in the South Midland centre. There is also the Norfolk and Suffolk Junior MCC (which caters for adults in trials) and Norwich Viking MCC. In addition, if you are a beginner, there is the Dabbers club (which is non-ACU). They are very good for beginners and those that don't want to climb impossible steps (!) but tend to get oversubscribed on entries so you have to plan ahead. All of these clubs have websites, are very friendly and within a reasonable travelling distance of Bury St. Edmunds (most events will be within an hour's drive).

Look forward to seeing you.

Nick

Hi Pete,

I agree with Nick. your best off with Norwich Viking Mcc or Norfolk & Suffolk Junior Mcc (which I happen to run the trials section of).We have a good age mix of rider's with a lot of twin shock and more mature rider's coming to our events. Bury St Edmunds & DMcc also put on some good trials each year and also stage Enduro's.

Once you are a member of an ACU club in the eastern centre you will be able to ride at 99% of trials. As most events are Centre restricted.

If your able to come on Sunday (25th August 13) the Norfolk & Suffolk Junior Mcc are holding a Trial at Little Lodge Farm, Santon Downham, IP27 0TX.

look for the orange triangles on the B1107 Thetford to Brandon road. The Trial starts at 10:30 am. If you would like more info or just a chat give me a call on 01502 568252

Paul

Many thanks all!

I should have the Beta all refurbed and running soon, then a few practice rides and I will join up.

Assuming I get my DIY jobs done on Sat, I might pop to Santon on Sunday, its near some of the trails I ride so I'lI take the KTM.

cheers

Pete

PS: I Noticed my tite...I cant spell Recommend :-)

• Like 1

If your able to come on Sunday (25th August 13) the Norfolk & Suffolk Junior Mcc are holding a Trial at Little Lodge Farm, Santon Downham, IP27 0TX.

look for the orange triangles on the B1107 Thetford to Brandon road. The Trial starts at 10:30 am. If you would like more info or just a chat give me a call on 01502 568252

Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks to you and your good lady for taking the time to stop and chat to me today, I hope it went well? The problem I have been having so far is everyone I have spoken to from each club has been really nice, thus making it difficult to decide which one to join!

All the best

Pete

• Like 1

Hi Pete,

It was a pleasure talking to you Sunday and we had a great day thank's. As I said it doesn't really matter which ACU club in the eastern centre you do join. Most of the riders at our trial Sunday are not members of our club. But were able to ride it as it was a centre restricted event.

I'm sure that you will soon make friends and find some riding buddy's no matter which club you become a member of and I look forward to meeting you at a section soon.

• 4 months later...

Happy New year All!

I have decided to join Cambridge Matchless as I have a friend who is also joining them, plus a lot of their trials are near where I work so I know the area.

Looking to get out and do a trial soon.

cheers

Pete

• Like 1