Sherco 200 Now Running

malc

Thanks for all the previous advice motor now running really well, apart from clutch has no feel at lever & wont work bleed thru, all air out & still same, could this be sticking clutch if so am I best to strip the clutch or try to release by moving the bike in top gear, or could the master or slave cylinder seals gone, which would you advise to check first.

Also front brake wont bleed up either pistons pushed back free but cant get lever to push them out?

both on AJP systems

bike must have been stood 3yrs as I know to what would you recomend?

Take the small clutch cover off & strip the clutch, if it's been sitting 3 years the fibres could have semi rusted to the steel plates, you'll need to pry them apart & clean the steel plates properly. If that doesn't work then it's into the master & slave cylinders

Front brake caliper sounds like it needs stripping & checking, when you reassemble it fill the space for the piston with brake fluid before fitting the pistons. You'll lose a small amount of fluid when you put the halves together but if you don't push the pistons back too far you'll force any air out when you do later, leave doing that until connected back to the hose

All Sherco clutches stick together when they sit.

But I've never dealt with one that's sat for 3 years.

You might have to strip it.

Best to back fill the brakes from the bleed nipple up with a syringe.

If I just can't get it done, the last resort is to bleed the master itself by taking the line of, putting mu finger over the hole and pumping a few times.

The pull the lever right in and re-attach the line.

master cylinder seals gone & previous owner bodged up the actuating pin so not getting stroke required so ordered 2 sets & will do front brake at same time, stripped clutch & came off in 1 lump all stuck together so will clean & re fit then should be good to go.

Thanks for all your help