Gasgas Ohlins

coxy

Hi i have a 2010 gasser 300 racing model with the ohlins rear shock. Could anyone tell me what the standard settings are for spring length and for damping. I presume that when its been rebuilt it was put back to standard settings but just when to check

Thanks

Coxy

Hi i have a 2010 gasser 300 racing model with the ohlins rear shock. Could anyone tell me what the standard settings are for spring length and for damping. I presume that when its been rebuilt it was put back to standard settings but just when to check

Thanks

Coxy

Coxy,

Technically, there are no "standard" settings as each shock should be adjusted to the individual rider's weight, riding style and preference (this is why they are adjustable, like a carb's fuel/air screw setting). A professional suspension shop will have recorded all the critical settings and measurements before dis-assembly and will have reset the shock back to those specific settings before returning it back to the owner.

Jon

Thanks for your help. I know last time i had one sent off the guy who did it returned it to the settings that gasgas used. I just wanted to get the spring length and damping settings which gasgas set them to as a base so i can then make my own adjustments and also see if he had set it back to factory

Shocks (or forks) are shipped on the bike in a crate are usually to the "middle" of adjustments. Reiger shock has like 30 clicks on compression for example, the shock on bike, without any dealer interventions (meaning I unboxed the bike) was at 15, same for all adjustments. Seems this was true with ohlins and Sachs as well from memory.

now sometimes I would think that a competent dealer, might change those for the 1st buyer, helping by "experience" adjusting those settings, if they know the buyer and how they ride, but they might not? I guess it depends on dealer and buyer preferences. My dealer used to unbox all of our bikes, assemble and grease, adjust things, and "deliver" it ready for me to ride well. your mileage may vary on that.

last 2 bikes I didn't have the time to wait, so we unboxed and applied the settings my dealer recommended to me, on shocks and forks. PRetty happy, with the outcome, and got to see how much a difference the settings make from "factory shipped" and my setting I ride with actually are, it was HUGE to me and I'm only a fairly decent rider!