1996 Gasgas 370 Running Out On The Front End

chris giorno

Hi, Can anyone advise on stopping the front wheel from slipping, sliding out, I call it running out! I'm running about 5 PSI on the front tyre and 4PSI on the rear! I also own/ ride a Montesa 4RT which I realize is so different in geometry and more modern but the difference was a lot. Any suggestions on how to reduce this please ???

Hi, Can anyone advise on stopping the front wheel from slipping, sliding out, I call it running out! I'm running about 5 PSI on the front tyre and 4PSI on the rear! I also own/ ride a Montesa 4RT which I realize is so different in geometry and more modern but the difference was a lot. Any suggestions on how to reduce this please ???

you have a "newer" bike and then jump on older bikes, if I read your subject right. Well, now you see the differences. Now you have to learn the techniques, that we used on the older bikes. TIP: the trick is, that the technique is really just exaggerated versions of what you do to turn a modern bike. you have to move your body around on the bike. if you experiment or watch videos of "training" on how to turn, then take a video of yourself, you will see that what you think you do, is NOTHING close to what they are showing you. When showing a person we exaggerate slightly, and expect you to match that exaggeration exactly. Why? because we know in "practice" you will get tired, and slowly and (for lack of better term) get lazy, when half the effort "works" right now. if you exaggerate while practicing a lot, you will find it will be more "natural" to get your body "close to the show you how" looks, which is win win.

what is neat is you learn this stuff, then use it on even the "newer" bike, when the traction is minimal (wet slippery).

Edited by sting32