New Purchase - Cota 200

hab5000

Hi, newbie here, so greetings to all first off!

Just bought a 1981 (I think) Cota 200 as a project bike.

Needs a few things done - Main bearings, kick start spring, service items, I'll probably go over the engine while the crankcase is split. PO has supplied lots of new parts with the sale.

Couple of questions, I don't seem to have a chain tensioner, and I suspect the fuel tank might be leaking slightly?

Any advice/links to manuals, workshop or owners, parts suppliers, tips, info and just general experience with this little Montesa very very much appreciated!

Few pics:

2013-10-07124745_zps305dd9ec.jpg2013-10-07125830_zps67077733.jpg2013-10-07130059_zps379c80ef.jpg

nice buy off ebay ,, tensioner fits to engine under the sprocket but easily gets damaged and removed id fit a universal one pref to swing arm so it doesnt get caught underneath , kickstart has to be set up presicely to prevent smashing parts most parts available through inmotion

Cheers for the advice.

.Does anyone have experience of setting up the kickstart properly on these bikes?

I've heard that the kickstart assembly can be a bit of an issue on these, so want to make sure I get it right.