2011 No Spark

ric h

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ric

possible fuel pump is defective, they can be intermittent, when you apply a 12 volt battery does the fuel pump make a hi pitch whine. If it's a a slower low pitch sound that might be the clue. I suggest you take your bike to Rob Langs Off Road in Dorchester as your bike is out of warranty. He will sort your bike out for sure. He is our Sherco Canada tech and parts manager and I trained him on the Ossa unique build. He has the Ossa map and diagnostic tool also. cheers

• 3 weeks later...

It's fixed! Rob Lang called and told me that he found a lot of metal debris (no idea where it came from) stuck to the inside of the flywheel.It was disrupting the ignition pickup and.Hence,no spark.

Ahh. that's probably the heads of the bolts which hold the stator in place. I had one break off so replaced them all with countersunk allen screws.

• Like 1

Picked up the bike today.Starts 2nd or 3rd kick from cold (-5c) and first kick when warm.There was a chunk of metal from the head of a stator bolt (they were all tight) that was moving around inside the flywheel.When it stuck near the pickup...no spark.Good reason to blue loctite the stator bolts once a year.

Edited by ric h