No Pressure In Rear Brakes?

alex_x66

Subject says it all, had a big off and since the pressures just gone no resistance in the pedal at all, bled them and the fluid still flows and the pads move a small amount, changed pistons and seals. Any ideas what's up?? It's an 09 evo btw,

Cheers in advance alex.

09 is now 4 years old and about time for some corrosion to have built up in master cylinder. A complete strip and thorough lean including polishing the cyliner bore with fine wet and dry will probably cure it. Check for leaks / cracks everywhere.

Thanks for the replies

-Only damage I could find was a slightly bent disc could have been like that before right enough that's been replaced now though, and I'm using a home made syringe and tubing job!

- not sure will check when I get a chance,

- cheers will give that a shot. Probably worth doing anyways even if it's not the problem.

- Thanks will give that a bash as well,

Cheers for the help so far, will let you know how I get on.

Alex.

When it gets upside down you get air into the master

2 possible remedies

1) push the piston back into the caliper, all the fluid is forced back into the master and hopefully the air bubble too, these bikes push so little fluid it's a real pain to bleed it all through

2) bleed it at the master banjo bolt

In that order

Hope it helps