Bleeding Front Brake

kingslander

I'm having a lot of trouble bleeding my 05 sherco front breaks, I have already put in new pads,rebuilt pistons and seals and new fluid with no joy. the only way to get pressure on lever is adjust screw fully in, and at that the break doesn't fully lock. any suggestion would be much appreciated thanks

My trick to bleed front brakes is to stand the bike on the back wheel with the front up a wall, so that the bike is doing a wheelie and the front brake caliper is higher then the master cylinder. Bleed and let stand over night in the wheelie and rebleed the next night. This works for the back brake as well but doing a nose wheelie.

thanks for the reply's.

lineaway I haven't yet rebuilt the master cylinder as it was only done a few weeks ago.

0007 first I noticed the break dish was always covered in oil, on closer inspection the break pads where the same, when I striped down the capiler the little oring was damaged so I do all seals.

bestrcpilot thanks for the tip I must give this ago tried almost everything else

When you've got a large syringe, just push the fluid from the caliper to the open master cylinder reservoir.

Empty the reservoir a few times without removing the syringe, so you can push about 50cc through the system.

Works every time for me.

• Like 1