Second Hand Sherco 250

toetoe

HI guys, i introduced myself a few weeks ago, i was originally having a bike after Xmas but i saw this sherco 250 for sale just £700 and couldn't resist it, it comes with size 9 boots, helmet, gloves and a bike rack, the type that fits on top of your tow bar, what i need to know is with the bike being an off the road bike, what documents should i be asking for, i should hate the thought of buying a stolen bike, although everything seems genuine, i have only put a deposit down, until the 10 of next month, photos of the bike,boots and helmet below.

post-19186-0-26795800-1385388026_thumb.jpgpost-19186-0-94674400-1385388052_thumb.jpgpost-19186-0-43408100-1385388067_thumb.jpg

Hi toetoe the bikes got no paperwork as its off road only and i didnt get any the only ones that i know that come with documents are the ones that have been road registered the bike is legitimate all the frame numbers and engine numbers are present which was and is good enough for me

the bike is in excellent condition for age and cheap in my opinion no rattles/bangs/knocks,good brakes,good clutch,good tyres,and good suspension only bad bit is will need the swinging arm bearings done sooner or later as there is some play in them but not loads but all the dogbones etc have been done and are good

Thanks Les

Hi Les, i didn't mean to say that the bike was stolen, i meant really how do you know if a bike is stolen but in a general way not pointing the finger at you, i do apologise if i have offended you, i should put my head in gear first before i open my mouth.

Ha. No offence should be taken. Its a perfectly legitimate question. It does look like you've a bargain there. Ask for a receipt with the machines details on. That's all you can do. Then go have fun. Now a question on what oil to use and how much. That's a question that's been flogged to death.

• Like 1

thanks, i like the sound of having fun, i feel very lucky to have found a bike that i was looking for at a very good price and with the boots being the right size it was haunting me, no matter what other bike i looked at this one kept popping back into my head, i have not followed the progress of trials bikes and it has been 30 years since i have owned and rode one so when i started to look for one and most of them where water cooled i was amazed, they reminded me of the yamaha rd lc i had and that was around the same time as my trials bike but it certainly makes a lot of sense, i am like a kid waiting for xmas, not to go into details but i have had a really bad 4 years and i have been stuck in doors for most of them so this is a big thing for me and i hope a turning point.

......... not to go into details but i have had a really bad 4 years and i have been stuck in doors for most of them so this is a big thing for me and i hope a turning point.

Her Majesty's Pleasure?

:hyper: Only kidding, sounds like you're gonna enjoy that bike.