Gas Gas Txt 2000 Found A Round Magnet After Stripping Clutch Down (Help)

dazla

ok guys i need a bit of help. recently had to stip the clutch down on my txt 250 and had to remove the gear change shaft due to it getting bent,and the clutch slave cylinder, but while tidying up afterwards i found a round magnet the size of a 2p coin on the floor and havent got a clue what its come off lol.

the problem is i dont even know if its off the bike due to stripping it down in the dining room (mrs not happy lol) and having 4 kids running round at the same time ha ha . it was covered in oil so any ideas where its from please..........

My 2010 has magnetic plugs for the drain plug, and the filler plug. Could your magnet have possibly came out of a drain or fill plug? Just look at both plugs to see if a magnet might be missing. I'm not sure how big a 2p coin is, but if it's bigger than what the drain plugs have, I'd bet Lineaway nailed it. Like he said, that's very common for folks to do that, and having chipped my bike's kickstarter & idler gears, it's practically a necessity with Gassers.... :rolleyes:

Jimmie

To be honest its too big to of come from the drain plug . It's about 1/2 inch round and 3mm thick. If I put.it back.in I'd be scared it came loose and destroyed something. Thanks for your replys guys.

Someone may have used it, for some reason, to pick up metal particles. Leave it out. I can't think of anyplace in the engine it goes.

Jon