Slipping Clutch

declan1999

When i'm in 4th, 5th or 6th and have full throttle on the bike revs right up but it doesn't speed up, at first i thought it was wheel spin but its not. it has a cable clutch and is adjustable. should i adjust it? or put new oil in? and what oil would be best? it has a Honda HRC 250cc two stroke engine thanks

So it needs to be slacker because there isnt any play in at the moment?

It could be your lucky day then, just release adjuster until you have a little free movement on the lever and give it a go. If you have no slack then you are effectively riding with the clutch partially disengaged.

If you have an adjuster at both ends, adjust the bottom one first then use the one on the lever to fine tune it if needed.

TLTEL

• 2 months later...

I finally managed to test the clutch after putting some play in the cable and its fine no slip at all which was an easy fix and i don't know what oil it has because I haven't done a change yet what would you recommend?

My 315R manuals recommends Elf HTX 740 but it is hard to obtain in my location. It is a very thin synthetic gear oil and I substituted Valvoline synthetic Dextron VI ATF, the clutch action is smoother which I like. Depending on how you like your clutch action a syn ATF, either Dextron type or standard type, would be two good options.