4Rt Advice

george1892

What year is the Beta?

The two biggest difference in 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke are:

1) How quickly the engine spins up. 4T is slower

2) Compression braking. 2T's don't have much engine braking so you can get off the throttle and coast. 4T's act like applying the rear brake when you get off the throttle.

4T's can sometimes get more traction that 2T because there is a power stroke on every other revolution with 4T.

There are other differences so the best thing is to try several different bikes and see what feels best for you.

I bought my '05 4RT this summer and love it. The rear suspension is awesome! Compared with your '97 it is a vastly better bike.

Complicated? The frame, wheels and suspension are on par with any other trials bike. The engine is more complicated because it has a complete valve train where 2T's use reeds. But, its a Honda engine. Keep the oil fresh, adjust the valves once in a while and it will run forever. The fuel injection means no carb or jets to have to monkey with.

In riding, I find it to be more suited to a flowing style compared with a newer GasGas that seems to be more of a point and shoot.

I still say, ride several bikes and see what feels best to you.

Keep your feet up and have fun!

Try to get a go on a few different bikes before you spend your money. Some people love 4RTs others can't get away with them. I like them, I've had two. The build quality is very good, typical Honda. I would suggest the standard bike is better for a novice in standard form, however if you get a Repsol you can get a Laia Sanz fuel map that makes the power nice and soft.

Had one since 06, never missed a beat, build quality is second to none, best mods I have done?, 1st place twin map throttle body, Mild and Wild(never use Wild), one tooth off the front sprocket,Titanium front pipe,all restrictions out except the one on the tail pipe. still fires up first or second kick, or should i say push!!

Its the only trials bike you can strip and re-build again and again, for maintenance, and not have to replace all the bolts.

But as others have said it does ride a bit different to a 2 banger. You wont be dissapointed, just give it time .