Tech Forks

jse

I had a rider in New Zealand ask me about damping adjustments on the new Tech forks. I haven't had a chance to work with them yet but I'm sure some of you out there have. How do you find the adjustment proceedures and what final settings seem to work well? I'll pass on any info to him.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

I had a rider in New Zealand ask me about damping adjustments on the new Tech forks. I haven't had a chance to work with them yet but I'm sure some of you out there have. How do you find the adjustment proceedures and what final settings seem to work well? I'll pass on any info to him.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Somewhere in the middle, good start!

Seriously, I ck'ed the ones on my Sherco and the(presuming similar to gasser spec) are at 12 clicks in from full out, 20 clicks out from full in! seem nice to me unless you prefer less or more and I would say quick enough for most at that setting..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jon,

I weigh about 165ish and have 2 1/2 turns of preload on stock spring with compression adjustment untouched on left fork. 22 clicks out on right or rebound side. Replaced stock fluid with Red Line synthetic. I will tweak around on rebound adjustments (because I can't leave it alone) but end up back at 22 clicks. I never notice the forks and for me that is a good sign. If I feel or notice them something is not right. A big improvement over the Zooks.

Jon,

I weigh about 165ish and have 2 1/2 turns of preload on stock spring with compression adjustment untouched on left fork. 22 clicks out on right or rebound side. Replaced stock fluid with Red Line synthetic. I will tweak around on rebound adjustments (because I can't leave it alone) but end up back at 22 clicks. I never notice the forks and for me that is a good sign. If I feel or notice them something is not right. A big improvement over the Zooks.

Thanks Martin! I'll pass it on.

Cheers!

Jon