How About Some Dot Images?

laird387

Hi,

Enjoying a 'local' ride, Norman Eyre with his works DOT in the 1961 Clayton Trophy seen on 'Cheeks' the section which used to be alongside the main A53 Leek to Buxton road until they diverted the road in the late 1970s.

Organised by the Wood Green club from London during the August Bank Holiday the entries often crept very close to the three hundred mark.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-32727300-1394374180_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Recently Al Ussher emailed with details of his Dot trialler, the early Earles-forked model with Burnard Scott-Wade's own 'floating' front brake plate, designed to stop any braking reaction being transferred to the forks bottoming or topping, as so many other marques do.

He reminded me that we had given him a copy of a photograph (which I couldn't remember) of that Dot - and sent me a copy of his bike parked prettily on the lawn as a reminder of the fork layout.

Lo and behold, I'm busily scanning through the vast pile of 'lost' negatives when I spot an Earles-forked Dot in action in a section, a copy of which I am also attaching.

So, for all you Dot afficianados, enjoy.

post-19290-0-94679400-1396345096_thumb.jpg

post-19290-0-42900300-1396345137_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Dots final trials offering using the Villiers power units was the 'White Strength', seen here in the Shawforth Shake.

Sadly the rider's name eludes me - but I'm sure it is 'John' and he was a schoolmaster in the Rochdale area?

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-77754500-1396420399_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Dots final trials offering using the Villiers power units was the 'White Strength', seen here in the Shawforth Shake.

Sadly the rider's name eludes me - but I'm sure it is 'John' and he was a schoolmaster in the Rochdale area?

Enjoy.

Hi Deryk

It's the late John Metcalf, your memory is correct on all the other details.

Regards

Sparks