Alan Jeffferies

bikespace

Not done this one before. The entry acceptance email mentions leaving a fuel can at a garage a few miles away from the start. Is this the only fuel stop required for the AJ?

Is this still required if we have a support vehicle, or is there nowhere for the vans to get near us?

Or is it just a question of designated fuel stops because of the environment issues?

Cheers.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i remember rightly , vans can go round and alot of the trial is on public roads, i aways brin someone to drive round just in case i get a problem.

sorry cant remember about the petrol stop , hope this helps

The route has been tested with all makes of bikes and there is not a fuel problem. If you leave a can at Wilkinsons garage you will pass this twice during the course of the trial.

The are very few places that your support vehicle wiil see you where the actual sections are.

Public roads are used to access the sections but then the competitors go across moors and come out on public roads elswhere on the course.

Dont worry about fuel. <_<

Ron Secretary of AJ Trial

Thanks Ron, and thanks Jools, yeah should be an easy win for me.

Just worried that when they tested the bikes for fuel, they didn't test them with anyone of such a well developed physique :D

Yes, well developed....I like that <_<

Don't some of them old stone bridges have weight limits, Perce, Kinell, and BS all on the same bridge at the same time  <_<

I passed a "Weak Bridge" sign on the AJ today and thought of you Ishy :lol:

Pretty knackered tonight - bloody hard day out - some (alot) above me to be honest.

Just after looping it on the graded hillclimb, I think it was section 39 - I revved the nuts of it and launched it at the last step, then managed to hit the brakes, and had to stall it and pry my hands off the bars. Cramped up and wouldn't let go ;)

Just after that, I dropped in to the final field - quite literally!

Run out of water, still cramping up, dropped my front wheel in to a fox hole, and went sliding down the field in front of about 30-40 people. Some poor woman in a deck chair panicked a bit as a fat bloke slid towards her, still trying with his legs to stop the bike bouncing through their picnic.

I'll sleep tonight :D

Edited by bikespace

Didn't see their names on the entry list.

I reckon the entries must have been down a bit. We were number 18, 19 and 20 and riding at the front most of the way. We didn't overtake 17 people so I reckon quite a few saw their early numbers and didn't bother.

Maybe they should do reduced entry fee for a number of "pacemakers" to go round at the front and scrub the sections? I suppose anybody who is up to riding the course is there anyway. It's a shame, but can't really think of a way round it.

They were not using puch cards, tho they had to in novogar??

Where does it say that in the rules?

Results were published 20 mins after last man. Not bad considering 44 observers board details had to be punched in.

Just converting the results to word and they should be on the clubs website about 14:00hrs. www.bradfordtrials.co.uk

I reckon the entries must have been down a bit. We were number 18, 19 and 20 and riding at the front most of the way. We didn't overtake 17 people so I reckon quite a few saw their early numbers and didn't bother.

Maybe they should do reduced entry fee for a number of "pacemakers" to go round at the front and scrub the sections? I suppose anybody who is up to riding the course is there anyway. It's a shame, but can't really think of a way round it.

Thats why i never went BS. sent my entry off the day the regs came out and ended up at the front. Becomes un-enjoyable when your scrubbing the sections and then people 20 behind you are p*****g them. Does your head in.

I am not getting at the clubs but, I think a lot needs to be done about the CLUBMANS national series. I dont think British championship riders should be allowed to ride unless on a 'no awards' basis. Also what a lot of people have commented on is the top lads at some of the trials this year, have been placed at the back <_< so if its not already easy for them, it makes it tripley easy. I remember seeing one year at the Manx, Colley rode but hey purposly placed him at the front - Damn right! because otherwise it is unfair on the CLUBMAN , in which it's a CLUBMAN's national for CLUBMAN.

I could go on about this years series for ages. Entries for these trials are down which is a shame for the clubs who go to the huge amount of trouble running these trials and on the whole, the events a fantastic! Some party needs to be a bit more strict about the grading of riders and events.