Different Bsas

laird387

Hi,

Now here's a true veteran trials rider, spotted by Mary Wylde in the 1992 Frank Jones round of the Sammy Miller series - where I was C of C ( or as we put it Berk of the Works), Wilf Couldwell paddles out of the River Irfon - he's already footed in the river crossing so like a true veteran he just keeps paddling along and takes the three - youngsters have been known to struggle back on to the footrests then drop a five..........

Tidy little BSA Wilf had in those days.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-59393200-1398332367_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

Here is an interesting 'different' BSA, I saw the bike - but I was riding in the trial on my HT5 and didn't really get chance to examine it thoroughly - but fortunately Mary was busy with her camera, so we at least have an image to ponder over.

The frame looks like one of the early 'Cheetah' models and the motor - well it could well be a variation on a B50 or Triumph TR5 did they call it. The rider is Tony Sullivan - so if anyone knows Tony - please get the story for us........

Meanwhile, enjoy.

post-19290-0-25975100-1399277091_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Here is one of the early BSA B40 conversions we saw in the Early Yorks Classic and Midland Classic trials in the 1980s, sadly I can't remember the rider's name.

Enjoy.

Deryk

Photo #83 is Brian Farrer, brother of Gary Farrer (featured on here) and father to Dan Farrer, the modern day rider.

Regards

Sparks

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Another interesting BSA that we used to see regularly in the South Midlands area was this C15 with a conversion to magneto ignition. Can anyone supply any details?

Enjoy - photo: Mary Wylde.

(bb32a says: I believe it is Bernie Jones? He worked at Williams F1 at Didcot, I think as a welder. He later also rode an Ariel.)

Right in one bb32a, as soon as I saw your post the memory clicked - sorry, Bernie, if you've seen this - blame advancing years, mate! Deryk

post-19290-0-11362800-1403419377_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Another interesting BSA that we used to see regularly in the South Midlands area was this C15 with a conversion to magneto ignition. Can anyone supply any details?

Enjoy - photo: Mary Wylde.

I believe it is Bernie Jones? He worked at Williams F1 at Didcot, I think as a welder.He later also rode an Ariel.

• Like 1

Hi,

Another interesting BSA that we used to see regularly was Graham Howes on his Gold Star BSA, spotted by Mary in the 1995 West Riding trial. The more accurate description of this Gold Star model is A BSA BB32a.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-52651300-1404221521_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi,

Another interesting BSA that we used to see regularly was Graham Howes on his Gold Star BSA, spotted by Mary in the 1995 West Riding trial. The more accurate description of this Gold Star model is A BSA BB32a.

Enjoy.

Just posted my entry for this years event. Missed it twice since 93 on same bike, which was run at a very wet Castle Carr, entering by the lower. gate house. It used sections I have not used since, thank god. It was pretty tough at the time and remember Stanmet having a losing battle trying to head butt a rock and that was after his eventful journey to get to the trial in the first place. His travelling companion was really impressed ,as she spent most of the weekend stuck in a camper van while Stan was playing in the mud in scenic Yorkshire.

• Like 1