Tl125 6V Coil Wiring

nozzaamazon

Hi I am wiring up my TL125 project and just bought a new coil with the condenser fitted already - So it just has one black wire (lt). I have connect this to the B&W wire from the points and the ignition Stator.

My question is that should the 6V coil external metal part be earthed to the frame or isolated from the frame?

Thanks

Mat

Hi, Thanks for response, but im still unsure, does this link not show the body of the coil and otherwise of condensor earthed too? there is no wire just earthed through the coil bracket to the frame.

With the coil body earthed and points open (no kill switch) I am getting continuity on the b/w wire to earth. If I unmount the coil from the frame then continuity goes to open circuit. Not sure if this is right?

I have the stator away for rewind, so i can't even trail and error it!

Thanks for your help.

Mat

The metal part of the coil should be earthed to frame, if its all standard there should be a bracket that the coil fits to with condenser attached and that bolts to frame just above the cylinder head. This also acts as a heat sink for the coil.

I think the kill switch or ignition or both as I still have, just runs the points wire to ground.

If you start it without a kill switch just make sure you can get to a connection quickly in case something goes wrong.

TLTEL