Where Are All The Triumph Twins?

laird387

Hi,

Sadly lost to the sport, the late Geoff Chandler with his Triumph twin.

The engine used is the sought after 'generator' model, created by Triumph during the '39-'45 war to power not a generator but a hand portable high pressure water pump for use by the Fire Service during the blitz - it was designed with alloy head and cylinders to keep the weight within 'hand portable' limits and tuned to give peak power in the lower rev. ranges - a really flexible unit they produced in tens of thousands long after the war had finished.

The clues are the 'cast in' mounts on the cylinder sides for the cooling ducting.

Enjoy.

A fantastic rider and a very good friend of dads. Mind you his misses could throw a bike round pretty well too.

• Like 1

Hi,

Another image from the pile of negatives that have become separated from ntheir identity - so if anybody knows who, where or when - please help.

(Thanks for the help - and yes, of course it is Pete Read!)

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-91290700-1396507477_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

Hi,

A real teaser from my pile of negatives that have lost their identity - i know the face, he is a farmer, in the Market Drayton area - and I want to say 'Frank' starts his name - but let's just accept it is a very nice Triumph twin.

By the way - didn't 'Frank' let us organise scrambles on his land, near the Shropshire Union canal - or am I completely lost..........

Help - and enjoy.

post-19290-0-77288600-1396525684_thumb.jpg

Hi,

A real teaser from my pile of negatives that have lost their identity - i know the face, he is a farmer, in the Market Drayton area - and I want to say 'Frank' starts his name - but let's just accept it is a very nice Triumph twin.

By the way - didn't 'Frank' let us organise scrambles on his land, near the Shropshire Union canal - or am I completely lost..........

Help - and enjoy.

FrankBourne.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Another Triumph twin seen regularly in the early Sammy Miller series, like in the 1993 March Hare here, was John Cart.

Photo by Mary Wylde with another well-known photographer lurking in the undergrowth.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-30519800-1398582085_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...