Gloucestershire Locals

elliotsdaddy

Afternoon all,

I have just registered with this fine forum. Fair play there are a lot of helpful topics and people on here.

I was wondering if there are any members local to me (Forest Of Dean) that use their bikes locally?

Also are there any other shops apart from BVM Moto in Stroud that do trials bike stuff?

Ta very muchly.

Chris.

Hi,

I live in Westbury On Severn and practice most weekends at the quarry up at Birdlip. It is operated by Zona1 and it is located at Nettleton Bottom.

It is a very well laid out site with toilets etc and all the guys who go there are very friendly and helpful. We pay £85 per year membership which is a bargain. Please note it is a trials only club and only trials bikes are allowed on site. There is a £15 deposit for the gate key.

There is a dealer in Cinderford who can get you most things(Haines) and he is very helpful and friendly.

Check out Zona1 website for details.

Martyn

Hi,

I live in Westbury On Severn and practice most weekends at the quarry up at Birdlip. It is operated by Zona1 and it is located at Nettleton Bottom.

It is a very well laid out site with toilets etc and all the guys who go there are very friendly and helpful. We pay £85 per year membership which is a bargain. Please note it is a trials only club and only trials bikes are allowed on site. There is a £15 deposit for the gate key.

There is a dealer in Cinderford who can get you most things(Haines) and he is very helpful and friendly.

Check out Zona1 website for details.

Martyn

Thanks for the info Martyn, much appreciated.

That is a dam good price for a full year of play time.

Are there a few of you who go up or do you travel up there alone?

Chris.

Thanks fella, nice little website and a well supported club by the looks of it.

Think i'll check it out. :)

Chris.

Hi Chris

I'm in Ross ... got a few places local to us both we ride at ... welcome to give me a shout if you ever want someone to ride with.

Cheers

I may be wrong but I believe I emailed you via eBay about a Sherco you had sold. Is the world really that small? :)

Thanks for the invite, It would be great to be able to ride with someone. I would like to take you up on that once the falling off is down to a minimum.

Chris.

I may be wrong but I believe I emailed you via eBay about a Sherco you had sold. Is the world really that small? :)

Thanks for the invite, It would be great to be able to ride with someone. I would like to take you up on that once the falling off is down to a minimum.

Chris.

Haha ... yes the world really is that small! Don't worry about the falling off, that never stops! There is a trial at Monmouth this wkend.

Haha ... yes the world really is that small! Don't worry about the falling off, that never stops! There is a trial at Monmouth this wkend.

Well well well the wonders of the internet. :)

Yes the falling off thing I suppose is part of the fun while learning. I know the more experienced riders still have 'offs' now and then which on one hand makes me feel a bit better about the likelyhood of face planting, but on the other hand makes me think that if they still come off what chance do I have......but I suppose when it's just for a laugh there isn't much to worry about. :)

Where abouts is the trial being held fella?

Not too far from me so would like to pop along if the weather is ok.

If you are coming from Monmouth on the dual carriage way towards Ross, then it is the woods on the left about a mile or two from the r/about (just past the welcome to England sign) There is a lay by ... the gate is at the back of the lay by .... if you go under the bridge at the top of the hill, you have gone too far. 10.30 start.

If you are coming from Monmouth on the dual carriage way towards Ross, then it is the woods on the left about a mile or two from the r/about (just past the welcome to England sign) There is a lay by ... the gate is at the back of the lay by .... if you go under the bridge at the top of the hill, you have gone too far. 10.30 start.

Thanks for the info...is that on saturday or sunday?