Robregardo 2014

turbo

hi, as a twinshock rider and talking to someone local to me who rode the event within the last year or so it seems the top route is not out of the question, have you any idea what to expect ??? regards.

at the highland classic i ride the A route.This year I lost 12 ish I think , would not want to go all that way and not be in the right school. Yes will contact Greeves as I know he is the local man on the ground. Are you riding this year b40rt? , or have you ridden Robregardo inthe past? Regards.

Hi Martin, it was 4 years ago that I rode it, so not sure if / how it may have changed. Can't remember if they had 3 or 4 routes.

Back then I rode the hardest route and it was on a comparison with the harder of the Normandales in terms of difficulty. In other words, the sections were rideable, there was nothing you looked at and thought 'no way' but they were difficult enough that it was easy to lose a lot of marks, not overly tight, but very little room for error. To get a good result you had to be on line and everything timed right. Get it wrong and it could easily be a 3 or 5.

Your bike needs to be well prepared too as the hard route puts a fair bit of emphasis on clutch brake control and the motor needs to pick up quickly and cleanly to clear ledges, steps etc in the sections. The run ups can be short so acceleration needs to be clean. The approaches are enough, but shorter rather than longer and if the bike is gasping or slow to pick up, then life gets a little harder... The 200 Fantic is more than capable. I was riding my standard 340 Sherpa and it was set up for our local trials, lazy motor, soft suspension (plus poor clutch action and little in the way of brakes) I noticed the better riders were all clutch / brake, lively suspension and their motors picked up quickly (be a nightmare in our local trials) I had a go on a few Pumas afterwards - chalk and cheese...

The next route down I would say is somewhere between the Miller 'A' route and the lower end of the Normandales. On a scale of 1 to 10 with Miller being 1 and Normandale 10, I'd say a range of 4 - 6.

Depends on whether you'd like to get a result near the top of your class or just enjoy a challenge and not bother about the result.

On the hard route, there are some very good riders, so a 'result' doesn't come into it, it's about your own personal challenge with the sections

On the next route down, if you ride at the top of your game, you'd stand a chance of getting near the top of the awards.

Love to do it again, and Santigosa. As ever, it all depends on work so can't make any definite plans.

Hi dave , thanks for your info it is really helpful and is sort of what was in my mind anyway. see you around this year and thank you again. Thanks to b40rt too for the pm. Any other info would also be very welcomed too. Regards Martin.