Enfield Bullets

laird387

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Another glimpse from one of the very early British Bike Bonanzas at Sallywood, finds John Richardson from Kingswinford in a determined mood on his trials Bullet.

I can understand the look in his eyes since I can remember just how steep the hill was that is facing him - and how few had managed to get over the top..........

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-92460700-1396778927_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry can't remember who, where or when - but I'm sure we used to see this rider in trials around Rochdale, Bury and the like.

(Thanks to sparks - what a memory, don't get old, it's very trying! Dave Danks with his Enfield.)

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-17596200-1400482287_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 2

Dave Danks won many awards on that Enfield. When I next see him I will tell him he is on this site, he will be pleased. Nowadays he retired from work & is a very keen walker.

Hi trialsrfun,

Say hello to him from me as well - I'm sure he will have many happy memories of Mary and I,

Deryk Wylde

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Another Royal Enfield Bullet - another image I'm struggling to catalogue - I reckon it's another Scottish rider, but the old grey cells won't give me his name.

My sincere apologies - but HELP!

(Saved by the bell - the memory worked - at last - it's Andy Johnstone of course, sorry, Andy)

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-01430100-1405839823_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi,

Whilst in the midst of scanning negatives and photographs for the archive, Barry Robinson has been entrusted with the personal collection of photographs and press cuttings that belonged to the late Geoff Broadbent, the Bradford rider who rode works Royal Enfields in trials and scrambles in the 1950's.

Sadly some of them bear no captions or details of where and when, so it's a case of 'over to you' to see if any 'tc' enthusiasts can offer any clues.

This particular shot, for example, has the look of either a Scott trial or Ilkley Grand National perhaps, because of all the mud splattered over the number plate - so does anyone recognise the venue, because that would definitely help to start the identification process.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-69575100-1405931833_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Another of the photographs that Barry Robinson has been entrusted with that belonged to the late Geoff Broadbent, the Bradford rider who rode works Royal Enfields in trials and scrambles in the 1950's.

Sadly some of them bear no captions or details of where and when, so it's a case of 'over to you' to see if any 'tc' enthusiasts can offer any clues.

This particular shot, for example, also has the look of either a Scott trial or Ilkley Grand National perhaps, probably more likely Scott because of the numbers in the crowd - so does anyone recognise the venue, because that would definitely help to start the identification process. Also anyone with programmes from around 1950 to '58 might spot a year that Geoff rode with that number? Does anyone recognise either of the observers - could be a clue?

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-41522300-1405932477_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1