Ariel Trials Models

laird387

Hi,

Another image to puzzle over - to help me get it correctly filed does anyone know the name of this Ariel rider in the 1993 Talmag, photographed by Mary Wylde.

Enjoy.

That is belgium rider Eddy Zels from Heudsen/Zolder.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Isn't it irritating when Alzheimer's takes over and you can remember everything about this image that Mary Wylde took at the 1993 Talmag, except the rider's name - and we used to meet regularly in trials when we lived in Welwyn, but it won't come, so please, someone put me out of my misery..........

In the meantime, enjoy.

post-19290-0-35715000-1408819128_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Isn't it irritating when Alzheimer's takes over and you can remember everything about this image that Mary Wylde took at the 1993 Talmag, except the rider's name - and we used to meet regularly in trials when we lived in Welwyn, but it won't come, so please, someone put me out of my misery..........

In the meantime, enjoy.

When helmets in trials first came into force I remember Mike rode with a mock axe in the top of his helmet . His view at the time. I notice that Ariels have really been developed in the last 20 years .

• 1 month later...

Hi,

These images of Ariel trials models have found an interested audience out there in 'tc' land - so I've explored the archive and added a little old fashioned research in order to present a feature in ORRe-9, which should be live online before the end of the month, detailing all the alloy engined Ariel competition models, the changes year-by-year and the numbers despatched from the factory at Selly Oak over the entire production of trials and scrambles machines (many sidecar trials addicts chose the Ariel HS scrambler as the basis for their outfit - and, of course, there were regular exponents of the marque in the sidecar scrambles in years gone by)

All of that information, rigorously checked with people who worked at the factory at the time, will be available to subscribers to 'ORRe' - all you have to do is to go to the 'trialscentral' home page and select the ORRe button in the top right corner..........

In the meantime enjoy another example of an Ariel in action in the 1993 Talmag Trophy trial, Mike Peach was a regular competitor in pre-65 events throughout the south-east in those days.

Photograph by Mary Wylde.

post-19290-0-12766500-1413628313_thumb.jpg