Gasgas Overheating

slack

Hi All,

After going to a wet and coldtrial today the bike let me down after first lap,i have a 300 raga o5 it started to overheat chucking water out of overflow pipe.my question is do these have some kind of relay on them as i can see a black box on the fan housing,its got 2 yellow wires

a red wire & a black wire also there is another box tucked right up next to head stock with a yellow wire & black wire comming from it.Where is thermostat located as I can't see it on rad or in pipes. I have checked the fan when I got home that works, I should have joined the fan wires so it ran constant but could not remember how they went plus I was soaked and freezing so just went home.

Thanks.

hi,

I think you should have a thermo switch on top of the rad somewhere that just kicks in the fan as required.

I had the same problem today on my 96 gasser, so much mud and spent so much time stuck and revving the bike so much it started to gush steam from the overflow.

By then my body had, had enough so headed back to the van.

I will give the bike a going over tomorrow but I think it was probably because the rad was caked in mud and combined with the revving and heavy going that caused it.

It was fine on the long ride back to the van,

TLTEL