Sherco St 3.0 2014 Carburation Trouble

ilovetrials

Hello

I'm writing you to ask for any lights as to what is going on with my brand new sherco 2014 3.0.

When I'm going downhill, I notice the engine slow down at idle to the point at quiting sometimes. I follow the recommendation described in splatshop.com regarding to float level with no avail. I notice stock floats level where pretty low so i raised as per splatshop.com recommendation, however this bike continues to die at idle when going downhill.

Please let me know what should I do in order to solve this carb issue.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Since I live in Colombia we dont have any dealer as such, this is why I'm trying to reach for help.

This bike has the 2014 "t" fuel line modification already done in the assembly line....

I have done what this old posts recommends, however this bike continues to behave the same way, stalling when going downhills, so I was desperate to really get a diagnosis and solve this problem before I got desperate...!

Any others owners of 2014 shercos have this problem also...?

Is this endemic to all shercos with this fuel pump overflowing the carb when going downhills..?

Since I live in Colombia we dont have any dealer as such, this is why I'm trying to reach for help.

This bike has the 2014 "t" fuel line modification already done in the assembly line....

I have done what this old posts recommends, however this bike continues to behave the same way, stalling when going downhills, so I was desperate to really get a diagnosis and solve this problem before I got desperate...!

Any others owners of 2014 shercos have this problem also...?

Is this endemic to all shercos with this fuel pump overflowing the carb when going downhills..?

Edited by copemech

I'm testing 2 - 2014 300's and I have many 300 and 250 2013 and 14's out there and not one issue. I did read on a thread here about raising your idle speed. More than interested to know what you find out. cheers

I have wrote to the technical department of sherco to find out what might be happening... Today I'm going to check if the T bypass fuel line is open and not clogged... I'm going to lower even more the float level also to see if that could improve this behavior.

Sorry I could not get the thing to work last night. What I was going to say was that I HAVE RIDDEN A BUTTLOAD OF BIKES THAT DID THIS OVER THE YEARS, MOSTLY MIKUNI OR KIEHIN CARBS!

The idle speed thing is a real deal I think, apparently they do not all have issues because there are few mentions of it on the forum, however being aware of just how finiky a kiehin can be at times, I keep the 26mm Dellorto on my '12 bike. Everything is a tradeoff, but I do not need the added power of the kiehin, or the other potential issues.

I have also learned to anticipate this on some bikes, and give a few blips of throttle to keep them cleaned out so a non issue.