Talon Front Brake Pads Ty Mono

westymono

Fitted a talon disc brake conversion to my 84 ty mono yesterday and all is well but it dawned on me later that the caliper/pads differ from the later standard disc braked mono.The parts although dusty from 10 + years in the shed went straight on and bled up fine but pads are half worn and wondered if still available.Can not see any on the bay,anyone know if talon still make/supply them,many thanks in advance,Steve.

Not sure if still available, but I had a similar issue with a previous bike, and took the back plates of the pads to "Friction Linings" and they put on new braking material having cleaned up the plates first.

Cost was about £2- more than off the shelf items.....

Fitted a talon disc brake conversion to my 84 ty mono yesterday and all is well but it dawned on me later that the caliper/pads differ from the later standard disc braked mono.The parts although dusty from 10 + years in the shed went straight on and bled up fine but pads are half worn and wondered if still available.Can not see any on the bay,anyone know if talon still make/supply them,many thanks in advance,Steve.

I have a Talon conversion on my 85' TY and found that the front pads for the mid-90's, like a 96' GasGas, work fine.