309 Plug

ba baraccus

Didnt want to hijack the other thread on spark plugs but while it is being discussed whats the correct plug for a 309?

Also we have just had the barrel recoated by langcourt and put in a new piston kit but when we came to take the bike out to run it in it was a real pain to run! Basically it took ages to start (ran fine at home) and when it did start it sounded like it was flooding and there was very little power. Soon it did flood and fouled up the plug. We put in another new plug but it simply would not go. The plug kept getting very wet. The thing is after we built it we did run it a litlle at home and it sounded ok but then my mate left the fuel on all night and in the morning it had flooded out of the airbox and onto the floor. Am I correct in thinking the floats may be stuck open and to flood the airbox would it not have flooded the crank/big end first? If so could this be the reason it is flooding?

Any help guys would be great!

Cheers.

Hi;

pull the plug, and the carb and start kicking it. Some compressed air may help dry the bottom end out. My 240 needle stuck awhile back and after a light rap I got my bottom end cleaned out, about 200 kicks later she ran fine again! :wall::blink: And all I can find about the plug is they all started life with l82 champion's

Glenn

My 91 Fantic 309 (Sold it this week) used a NGK BR7ES with no problems, never fouled a plug. I run Amsoil 100:1 oil at 88:1 .

I'm told thst crossed over to:

Denso Iridium IW22

Champion N3C

NGK Iridium 3PR7E1X

14mm thread, 19mm reach, Resistor, 3/16 Hex

Tony P

Charlotte, NC