Decisions Decisions?

austini

OK Chaps the new TYS175 has just arrived downunder and being a yam hibrid i'm very tempted. For the sum of $7995aus she could be mine drive away.....(no road complience here) for an extra 350pounds $1000, the tys250 is also in the budget which comes with the uprated forks etc, the tys175 being the basic model.

Qustion is, is 350pounds the difference between the two over there? or is it a lot more.

what would be the consenses, go the 2st or save a grand $$$ and ride the less equiped machine, i'm around 100kg and don't ride anything too severe.

How are the 125's depreciatng compared to the 250's over there?

thanks guys

The little fourstroke is a lovely bike, but I personally would choose the SY250 every time if my aim was to loose the least number of marks as possible.

However, there are other reasons for buying a bike. Some people love four strokes, some clubs have aircooled classes, some riders use the F as a trail bike for which it is far better suited than the 250.

I must say, I love my 250. With a slow action throttle it suits me perfectly. Then.. I'm no expert.

Thanks guys for your responses we can get the SY175F in Aus however its the same price as the 250??????????? is that the same over there? what is the difference in price between the basic 175 and 250, is it over 350 pounds? I would like to buy the 175 however for a small outlay I can get the 250 with all the bells and whistles and a proven track record.

uummmmmmmmmm!!!! still undecided.

Austini

I haven't made up my mind exactly what I am going to ride yet but in about a week I think I will have a 2004 SY250 and a 175 in stock when I commence trading as the Victorian Scorpa dealer. While I don't intend putting the 175 up as a demo I will give it a run through my private trials area so I know the product well. Like you I carry a healthy bit of ballast to give me more traction so I will be able to give you a Scorpa biased but otherwise unbiased opinion. I think there is great scope for the little 4t as a clubman C Grade bike and also a fun trail machine. I can't wait to get one here and start selling them to the WR250 boys in the forest when they find out what a trials bike does on big hills and the logs they can't ride over.

BJDownunder

The four stroke certainly is an amazing bike for it's engine size. I was very impressed at its ability. I just had to keep telling myself to keep my finger off the clutch. It rides so much better as a non stop bike.