Newcastle Member

muddysump

Hi, just signed up.

Don't have a trials bike yet, but looking into getting. Does anyone know anywhere in the area where there is try out days?

I do have a DRZ 400E that I use for trail riding and wanting to start trials too

Any info appreciated

Thanks

Hi from along the road muddy sump,

Stanley trials club, Consett trials club, Seaton delavel trials club, South shields trials club and a few more that I cant remember.

We are fortunate to live in a very busy trials area.

We are spoiled for choice here bud.

You will have to join a club to get a special number in order to obtain your ACU trials licence which you need to take part in a trial around here.

Tenna to join a club and a tenna per year for the licence.

A G bikes of Richmond have a try before you buy practice area I think, give them a ring first. They are a Sherco dealer.

Thanks. Think South shields will be the closest to me. I'll have a look for them online.

Emailed Bumpys down near Leeds, £90 for a half training, should be good just to see what its like.

I'll have a look into AG bikes too

Hi bud, maybe you could pop along to the Consett trial on Sunday up at Buttsfield.

It`s free to spectate :hyper:

Have a butchers at what goes on.

Do you have any mates into trials?

I think you may have to go along to a trial to join up, that`s how I did it.

Clubs in the North East ACU Centre organising trials in 2014 are:

Bedlington & DMC

Castleside Trials Club

Consett & DMC

Durham County Trials Club

Newcastle Motor Club

Seaton Delaval & DMC

South Shields & DMC

Stanley Trials Club

Tweed Valley MCC

Tynemouth & DMC

Weardale & DMC

There are more than 70 trials per year in the centre, all are promoted on this site, look in the calendar to see what's on where and when, look on the front page for results

I'm Trials Sec for South Shields & DMC but it makes little difference which club you join, we charge £5pa the rest are similar. Once you have joined a club and then joined the ACU you can ride any trial in the centre and any open trial out of the centre.

No need to jump in and join a club until you are ready to compete.

Once you have bought a bike I believe you can pay to practice at the Warden Law facility near Houghton le Spring.

When you are ready to compete, the Wednesday night series run by Consett & DMC are a good introduction to the sport, nothing too difficult or serious, start at 6pm and you're in the chippy for 8-30 having had a good play on your bike with like minded people.

• Like 1

To back up what Gordon says - The NE is very active

Take your choice (especially in the summer) - Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday

Best training is do a trial ! - everyone is friendly and for beginners everyone is helpful

hope to see you at a trial

cheers

John