Sag Numbers

tyresup

Hello guys. I picked up a 2013 Evo 300 and am wondering rider sag numbers on the rear shock. I know it's 1/3 of shock length but have no idea what this is in mm or inches.

Anyone here know?

Thanks

I dunno man

Here's my thoughts on the purpose of sag

I'm traveling at high speed and I hit a hole, sag allows my wheel to drop into the hole so the entire bike does not, to maintain traction

And at high speed it allows my wheel to drop into the hole so I don't feel the bump

Due to the low speed nature of a trials bike, the purpose of sag is not the same as a MX bike

So why use the same theory?

I dunno man

Here's my thoughts on the purpose of sag

I'm traveling at high speed and I hit a hole, sag allows my wheel to drop into the hole so the entire bike does not, to maintain traction

And at high speed it allows my wheel to drop into the hole so I don't feel the bump

Due to the low speed nature of a trials bike, the purpose of sag is not the same as a MX bike

So why use the same theory?

I like that theory(in reverse). I trials you need more sag because the average bump is bigger!

Sag is just as vital to a trials bike as it is too any type of bike be it motorized or not. If it has suspension it needs sag.

Why, any bike traveling along does not start necessarily moving the swing arm in the compression direction. if there is a hole in the ground the wheel drops into and the swing arm is opening up causing the shock to extend and there fore it needs be controlled in extension.

The sag also helps take into consideration the riders weight thus where the shock start working from.

Edited by billyt