2003 Txt Pro 125 - Help Required Identifying Washers In Clutch Assy

nastyroxinc

Hi all.

After beginning a bit of exploration into a heavy / sticking clutch, I've noticed that I seem to have an 'extra' washer. Tbh, I'm not sure where it came from as it dropped into my hand as I took the engine casing off (I think). On the enclosed picture, it's the 3rd one down, above the ruler. I've also enclosed a few pics of the thrust washer, with measurements, just in case someone has tried in the past to use non-standard parts. It's the first time I've looked inside so I'm not sure what has happened with previous owners, but what I do know is what I see does not match the parts manual...

All info greatly appreciated....

post-16507-0-45665600-1399131364_thumb.jpg

post-16507-0-42599900-1399131556_thumb.jpg

post-16507-0-54522700-1399131566_thumb.jpg

Edited by nastyroxinc

I came across a 125 gasser (09 or 10 model) last year on which someone had assembled the kickstart washer onto the clutch release bearing.

Edited by dadof2

• 1 month later...

Quess you already figured it out, but the only possble place seems the kickstart axle yeah. The bearinglike thingie goed on the clutch cilinder, the other ring with the edge goes on top of the clutch, than put it back together. Lay it down to prefent fingers of the clutch sitting wrong, make sure waterpump axle is sitting right, and make sure you dont drop the clutch bearingring.

Also prefent clutch oil from getting into your engine. There should probably be mineral oil in the clutch system, but you dont want to have dot in your engine oil.

Measurements you can take:

Fingers to clutch hight

Clutch pack thickness.

Some things that could cause clutch drag:

Wrong adjustment of master cilinder

Air in system

Clutch pack too thick (see e.g. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=904203)