Seized Adjuster?

heffergm

So my 13 evo 300 has a purple hex cap on the left fork leg. It doesn't move. My assumption is that it's seized and this is the preload adjuster, but I'm having a hard time telling from the manual. Help!

I had a similar situation with my '08 and it took some serious torque and a blowtorch to free it up. Eventually I heated it to the point where the o-rings turned to carbon before it would move. You might try a different approach and throw some penetrating oil into the cap and let it sit for a while to see if it helps.

After I got it apart I took emory cloth to the hole where the hex adjuster comes through the cap. I think the fit was tight to begin with and corrosion mated the two pieces of aluminum together. Now that you've reminded me of this I think tonight's project will be to take the cap off my '13 and grease it up proper while it still moves correctly.

After I got it apart I took emory cloth to the hole where the hex adjuster comes through the cap. I think the fit was tight to begin with and corrosion mated the two pieces of aluminum together. Now that you've reminded me of this I think tonight's project will be to take the cap off my '13 and grease it up proper while it still moves correctly.

I'm thinking it might be easier to just buy a new cap and hex adjuster, grease them when they show up, and replace the old pair. Do you happen to have a parts guy/website you/other's commonly use for Beta parts?