Electrix World Questions

mmmexico

The problem I'd have with modifying it to fit is that if it didn't run properly when fitted, for whatever reason, they could refuse to accept a return as it has been altered / modified

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Sitting around hoping for an e-mail reply is not appealing to me. Besides what are they going to say? This is the unit that they are shipping, and it just doesn't fit my cases. One of the guys who responded said he had exactly the same problem.

My situation does not permit returning the unit. It would be cost prohibitive to send the unit back to my supplier in the United States from here in Mexico...then what? I have a conversation with him about what bike I am installing the unit into?? Then he tries to return the unit to a company that obviously doesn't give a flying fook about customer service?? Then, several weeks later a new unit is shipped to Mexico and I have to (once again) pay import duties..These are not excellent choices.

In fact, yesterday I went after the offending part of the case. It took literally 30 seconds with my Dremel to relieve the case just a little tiny bit...now the unit fits perfectly. Below are before and after pictures of the case...as you can see, nothing of any significance was removed.

Thanks again to all of you for your thoughtful replies.

Mike

meditativemachinery

post-19176-0-38798000-1403371781_thumb.jpg

post-19176-0-62409700-1403372309_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I understand now, I thought from your original post that it was just that one hole that was not positioned correctly, so yes I'd have done what you've done as you're not altering the unit in any way. I thought you were going to have to elongate the hole in the back plate

I'm not done with my questions. I discovered this unusual piece in the Electrix World box.

post-19176-0-66272300-1403818721_thumb.jpg

I have no idea what it could possibly be used for? Any ideas???

By the way, the rebuild of my TY is coming along nicely, despite the tropical weather. Thanks, please take a look, if you are interested.

Mike

meditativemachinery

Edited by mmmexico

Tony...That was my assumption too. I could not match up the drillings in the piece with anything else that came in the box...I also checked around the chassis and couldn't find a match.

The instructions say to mount the coil/CDI unit on the airfilter housing...which initially looked impossible. I did finally discover that if I mounted the coil/CDI unit towards the top of the left hand side it would clear the Sammy Miller body work...may be the included mount is meant to be used with the original Yamaha bodywork?? Who knows...I will check around the frame again today before I start painting to see if I can find a match..

Thanks

Mike

http://meditarivemachinery.blogspot.com/

That part is a cdi/coil mount, just fitted one of these kits to my old mans Greeves and tried to use that part thinking it was made for the bike, but now seeing your pics its just universal mount as its the same one as I have (which is now in the bottom of my tool box) I ended up making my own mount

Andy

Edited by hulmie