Newbie From North East Out Of My Depth !

shoney

Hi all, just thort I would introduce myself , I've just taken the plunge n bought my first trials bike, it's a 2008 beta 250 four stroke .

The lad I bought it off was really helpfull and even dropped it off for me, and gave me advice when I couldn't start it the next day lol

I've had a few trips up and down the street and am defo out of my depth.. At 43 am I too old to learn ? I've had 20 years on the black stuff on sports bikes , but I dnt think it's gona help me any ha ha.

I've blagged a lend of a mates van this Sunday, and if my new helmet n boots arrive ill b wobbling around warden law this weekend, so god help me !!!

No doubt I will b askin loads of silly newbie questions so please bear with me lol ??

Hi shoney i am the same as you i have just chucked the road bike [down the road a few times :blush: ] and got into trials you are never to old to learn im 46 it just herts more when you hit the deck lol.i am working away im offshore now.i get back next friday i will be up at warden law next sunday.if you are up there then i will be the one falling off all the time :lol:

Hi Chaps

I was 43 when I first started, having not been on any motorbike for 30 years so don't worry. The first thing you learn is how to get used to falling off without damaging your bike. Then you fall off with grace, next comes the realization its hard & you need to go back to basics. Its all great fun though. with me its all about the amount of confidence I have, The older you are the less we seem to have. 2.5 years later I am just getting to a level where I am happy with the odd 2ft high log & rock. still love it though.

Cheers lads, I think ill b goin to warden law a good few times before I even think about enterin a propper trial. Got to learn the basics like usin a kick start for one thing lol !!! , so scottysherco ill probly see u there at some point then , and I'm not lookin forward to the fallin off bit ha ha ??. Just loaded the bike for the first time so here we go .......

• Like 1