What Model Is This Old Bultaco?

marleyaurf11

that engine number is for a 1976/77 350 Alpina

The frame, forks and triple clamps are earlier Sherpa T or Alpina (1972/73?). Front wheel is post 73 Alpina. Tank and seat is 72/73 Alpina.

The frame ID number is stamped on the steering head

There is some sort of tubular frame in front of the rear wheel that doesn't belong there

Thanks for all the replies!! Here is a picture is the serial number on the bike. It is 85 03 042.. So does this mean that the motor and the bike did not come together. Like someone over the years, before my dad got it, must have put a different motor and other items on the bike? Her is a pic

69BA3B3C-B029-4CAC-AF8D-F877F88831A2.jpg

Thanks!!

Just trying to figure out year and model so when I start tearing it apart to restore, I can order the correct parts! I've been reading a lot lately and if I'm correct, it seems like a lot of these early bultaco parts are kind of interchangeable.... Right?

That number tells us that the frame is a Model 85 Alpina which was the first 250 Alpina.

Here is a photo I took in 1976 of my 1973 model 99 Alpina, which was similar to the M85, but was 325cc

post-325-0-85025400-1404121219_thumb.jpg

Edited by feetupfun

Yes lots of parts are interchangeable but some are not. You just need to tell the people you want to buy parts from which model Bultaco the part is for.

If you take decent photos of the bits you are worried about, there are many people on these forums that will be able to identify which model Bultaco it comes from.

From what we have seen in your photos it looks like the bike is mostly model 85, but has a later model front wheel and motor. Haven't seen the exhaust yet

Edited by feetupfun

Dave, I think your memory ain't what it used to be (neither is mine) - the model 85 was the very 1st Alpina from '71, a 250, which was largely a Sherpa T but with larger tank & seat & wider ratio (matador) gearbox. The 1st model 350 Alpina like you had was the M99.

Edited by jc2

Dave, I think your memory ain't what it used to be (neither is mine) - the model 85 was the very 1st Alpina from '71, a 250, which was largely a Sherpa T but with larger tank & seat & wider ratio (matador) gearbox. The 1st model 350 Alpina like you had was the M99.

Yes John my memory is definitely going somewhere. Of course you're right, my photo shows my old M99. I just edited the posting Edited by feetupfun

• 8 years later...

I hats bultaco frontera I have the engine numbers and frame numbers can anyone tell me the year also it is complete except for the seat it needs restored can you tell me what it’s worth I am selling it if anyone is interested 

engine # PM15200410

frame# PB15200410

thank you for any help