Can-Am 350 Trials

robbiesty175

Why can I NEVER be happy? Started out riding (or at least TRYING to ride!) trials last year with a TY250. Too heavy, but a beautiful bike, so found a TY175. Love how light and stong it is. Until I spotted a Can-Am 350! My first bike was a Can-Am MX-1 and have a T'nt and MX bike once again.

Please stop me and tell me I am an idiot. The TY is so pretty and nice. The Can-Am would look totally different than all the other bikes. And my riding skills are still in the learning/falling process, so maybe I should just have two bikes?!?!

Hope my wife never finds this site!

Love going slow and glad a friend talked me out of the MX dream and into trials. Have been very happy going S-L-O-W!

Thanks for listening. Cheap therapy.

r

post-20184-0-89785900-1404616525_thumb.jpg

post-20184-0-46283600-1404616570_thumb.jpg

My first trick bit is I found an old YZ clutch cover and spent a few days polishing. Next up? Maybe some TY250 forks to steady it out over bigger rocks!

Will keep the TY, and if the Can-Am is cheap enough, will find room in the shop for that too!

post-20184-0-59672000-1404702029_thumb.jpg

Please buy the Can Am. They deserve to be owned and used, and you seem to have the right level of enthusiasm. See Chris Marsh at canned-ham.com for further advice from a reall enthusiast of the marque.

• Like 2

You answered one of my questions. On a budget the old Yamaha TY's seem to be the only thing accessible within a thousand miles of where I live. I was struggling between "is the extra power of a 250 worth the extra 20 or more pounds when I am just going to spend so much time learning how to stop without putting my feet down and thread my way around tight spaces" and my age old philosophy of "Bigger is Better". I will mark that down as a vote for the 175.

I weigh 190 pounds is the 175 still going to be Ok for me?

I want to get one for myself as well as one for my son who is 14.

I am hoping to pick up one or maybe two next weekend, but it will require an 800 kilometer road trip - and that's just one way!