Youth Trials Video Footage

t-bike

Hey Folks:

Anyone have footage of kids riding trials that they would be willing to share? We've looked at the pics of the youth nats and I've got pro videos but would like my 10 year old son to see some kids in action. I'm hoping to get more than just highlights, but don't know what might be out there.

I'd be willing to provide reasonable compensation to cover mailing costs, effort, etc.

Thank you,

Brent Mullen

I think Trials TV had some...

There was about 5 minutes on Speedvision that my dad has on DVD that he made for me, but I do not have a way to record it.

The best thing though, is to get your kids out with others and riding. That is one of the great things about the Youth Nationals, is the ability for the kids to interact with others of thier own age, you should see the progression that many of them make.

Are there groups close to where you guys are? Edit note, it makes it easier if you fill out your profile so that we know whereabouts you are located.

Edited by Alan Bechard

Alan:

Thanks for your response. We're about an hour north of Indianapolis, IN and are planning to come down to the Sept. Columbus event at Stoney Lonesome.

At this point my son is riding bike trials and has a DRZ110. I'm hoping to get him a trials bike in the next year.

He's interested in trials and I think seeing other kids ride would encourage him. I'm still hopeful we can find some video footage, especially of something like Youth Nats., so we can watch it together

Best regards,

Brent Mullen

ya know I have a whole bunch of clips of kids, I think from someone posting links to them here or back when here was TA? it was from same site with Sendero working his a*** off for a 3 video...

anyway, I seem to have bunch of small clips, I could prolly bundle up and send via email. I havent gotten these to my house yet. so email me I send during the day. ;)

Brent,

I was down at your place a couple years ago with good 'ol Sammy when Cris Santos was there for the weekend. Did you ever get a copy of any videos taken? I remember thinking I need to send you one, but I can't remember doing it!

Anyway... My 6 year old is just starting to ride trials. I got him an old TY80 to learn on. We should hook up with the boys and do some riding. I think I remember seeing an old Honda in your barn??? Have you gotten it back out yet?

• 4 weeks later...

The short 5 minute video on the 2005 Youth Nationals at TTC was a great piece and is available for viewing via the Speed channel website at:

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/151/

scroll down and click on the one that says Youth Nationals from Sequatchie and it plays in a new window! Cool!

Bill Markham has a "how-to-ride" DVD with lots of kids in it. Check his website at http://www.itstrials.com/

regards,

Dan Brown