Newcastle New Starter

millican88

Hi all

I'm Joe, 25 from newcastle and been wanting to start doing a bit of trial riding for a long time now just wandering if anyone had any tips on what sort of bike to go for and if there is plenty of places to practice and generally ride up the north east. Cheers

Hello and welcome Joe. Warden Law in Sunderland is a legitimate practice area, cheap enough for a good session to get familiar with your new steed and adapt to riding a trials bike if its all new to you. I started with a good used bike so I didnt waste dosh if I found out trials was not for me. After that enter a trial on the easy course, its the quickest way to learn with plenty help and encouragement from other riders who have all been in your position at one time. Bike choice, 2 or 4 stroke, 2 strokes seem more popular due to lower costs all round. No real bad manufacturers but none are perfect. Steer clear of big cc's till you get some confidence and if you find some of that, let me know where from, Ive been looking for mine since 1999

Hi Joe,

My advise would be Go for it, Its a fantastic sport, good crack & very addictive...

There are loads of local trials, and some local venues to practice.

Iam in the process of buying a new bike its that addictive :rolleyes: .

I started trials two years ago and had never road a bike in my life...It was a bit dawnting turning up at the trial with approx. 50 bikes there but got a warm welcome and looked after.

I wish I had started younger :unsure:. There is trials on every week just about.

all sound advice above.. 250 should be your max to start with. get something mainstream look at plenty before you buy that bargain is NEVER a bargain. get one to ride not a dooer upper youll spend all your time and money in the shed and not riding..

Hello and welcome Joe. Warden Law in Sunderland is a legitimate practice area, cheap enough for a good session to get familiar with your new steed and adapt to riding a trials bike if its all new to you. I started with a good used bike so I didnt waste dosh if I found out trials was not for me. After that enter a trial on the easy course, its the quickest way to learn with plenty help and encouragement from other riders who have all been in your position at one time. Bike choice, 2 or 4 stroke, 2 strokes seem more popular due to lower costs all round. No real bad manufacturers but none are perfect. Steer clear of big cc's till you get some confidence and if you find some of that, let me know where from, Ive been looking for mine since 1999

:agreed:

Hi mate, I'm in the same boat as you , just a few weeks ahead tho, I went to warden law twice just to get a grip of the bike, then jumped into a trial n struggled big time...I've been to edmondsley near sacriston to practice , it's a great place to build ur confidence ? n found I've come on a wee bit so gona try another trial. I bought a 2008 beta 250 four stroke n thinkin of changing coz it's a bit heave for me as I'm only short , but it's been a great bike to get to grips with the sport and I'm lovin it so far ?

Cheers for all the good answers lads I'm back home from working away on Wednesday so will be looking to get a bike pretty sharpish since I've got it in my head now! There seems to be quite a lot of decent looking bikes around for about a grand on gumtree and the likes.