How Many Degrees To Adjust On Steering?

barfy

I've just got my TLR frame back from having the steering head modified. Although not back together, I can't see any noticeable difference. So I measured it best I could and it might only have been pulled in by 3 deg.

Is that about right?

Thanks both for the reply. It's going back together now, to be ridden rather than admired in the garage!

Not sure how I'd measure the 25 deg angle. It took me several guesses at about 3 deg because I just had the frame sat on the bench. If I'd thought I'd be questioning the angle I should have taken more care measuring the original angle. Also I measured it from horizontal because that's how the bubble is on my spirit level.

• 2 weeks later...

The twinshock shop down in Seaton do a much better and easier mod they sell a headstock which changes the angle of the forks and reposition the handlebars to upright. (there is an option to fit fatbars too) none of all the messing with the frame then powdercoating, I fitted one myself and the difference is unbelievable. Mind you they cost £340.00. But if you love your bike what the heck. They also do a mod for your footpegs which you bolt onto the originals (no welding either). Mine will lift in 3rd gear no problem.