Scott Trial

steveplum

Hi to all that are riding, helping or just spectating. I'm riding the Scott trial this year and I was looking for pointers as to where the best places to go would be and how to get there for the people who support the riders with spare wheels etc in case of bad puncture issues. I don't know the course that well and there will be I'm sure some people that do and know where the best places to go to provide support so all or any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

There aren't alot of places to easily meet support, crossing the road on the way to underbanks is a good opportunity early on, then its probably onto surrender where support is always welcome, then a good hours wait then onto bypass, again support is much welcome after doing one of the toughest hours ever on a troals bike. The next place would be whaw bridge then over to bridge end on the barnard castle road.

After that we're on our way home and not many accessible places to meet, best would be reels head or hurst and then hopefully coming back up the start finish field.

Have fun!!!!

From the supplementary scott regs

"8. UNAUTHORISED ASSISTANCE: A driver should not be accompanied during any part of the Trial by any other person or vehicles with the object of

obtaining mechanical assistance therefrom. A driver shall not assist any other driver in any manner which might be deemed by the Clerk of the Course to be
pre-arranged or organised. "

From the supplementary scott regs

"8. UNAUTHORISED ASSISTANCE: A driver should not be accompanied during any part of the Trial by any other person or vehicles with the object of

obtaining mechanical assistance therefrom. A driver shall not assist any other driver in any manner which might be deemed by the Clerk of the Course to be

pre-arranged or organised. "

Ah I see now

Most years I see a lot of spectators randomly carrying complete rear wheels along with their cameras & bait boxes

Do they use them to sit on?

Make a good alternative to a shooting stick

Edited by johnnyboxer
  • Like 2