Photos Of 4rt Mods

windlestone

I'm collecting my 4rt today I,ve had the master cylinder changed to the larger 315 one and I'm going to fit some hebo footrests today during my set up. I've heard the standard bars are wider than renthals and some of you have moved footrest positions and changed gearlevers, rear brake pedals etc.

Any chance of posting some pics or giving more detail on these mods please ?

Morning fellas, I've got a 05 280 pro and my dad has a few bikes including a 4rt so i've had the chance to compare. Firstly impression was good, felt very solid when dropping off things!

After riding i was suprised to find it didn't grip as well, the reason for this baffles me as i have always being told 4 strokes are good for grip.

Did also feel a slight lack of power but im sure that could be sorted out.

In all they are a nice bike and if they were a bit less i would consider it as i guess i woud have less problems with it.

Oh and whats the crack with the repsol replica! What a bloody joke, wheres the orange wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

i had a 4rt for about four months earlier this year, i thought that it is the most enjoyable bike to ride if you can manage to get away with it. however enjoyable yes, but i just didnt find it as competitive as a 2 stroke, it is just that little bit heavier and that little bit slower that means that your energy levels go down muich quicker. also what many people have commented on is the ehat, these bikes must run at least twice as hot as the 2 strokes and that is a killer factor if you are doing a trial on a hot day, fortunately i had mine through the end of winter and spring, and i am in england so we dont see much heat anyway, but a good friend has just got rid of his after a really hot trial and you could see the heat waves coming off the bike it was so hot.

as a clubmans bike, test ride it, if you can get away with it, great, go for it. but as a hard course bike, it takes a very very special sort of rider to manage to keep up with the bike all the while adapting their technique.

final verdict, i am having the first ride out on my new 2006 gas gas tomorrow, so work it out for yourself.

let the bloke enjoy ! hes not asking if he should get one is he!!!!!!!!!!!! he has already bought one!

jj i have to say your comments about the heat and energy levels are a load of B*****ks! as jenks has said its a lot hotter in spain and france ,where i have just done a 4 day trial in 40 degree heat with no problems riding 8hrs a day .

ps twice as hot get real . if you knew what temperature your bike ran at you"d know how stupid that statement is :D

104 degree heat and not even a whiff of antifreeze smell!!!!

traction- with my 4rt I tend to wheelie alot more uphill now than before

suspension-the best I have ridden

workmanship 2nd to none

I like it a lot it doesnt like me sometimes though!!!

rear fenders are crap break when a fly lands on them I am think of putting a hinge in mine!!

Tried to change avatar to a Mont but haven't figured it out yet. I was lucky enough to test a new 05 gasser and the 4rt last January when the 4rt came out. White Bros in Darlington supplied the bikes for the test. My 02 gas gas 250 was great. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've traded it in after 3 years and the depriciation works out at a measley

• 3 weeks later...

workmanship  2nd to none

I like it a lot  it doesnt like me sometimes though!!!

rear fenders are crap    break when a fly lands on them    I am think of putting a hinge in mine!!

workmanship  2nd to none

I like it a lot  it doesnt like me sometimes though!!!

rear fenders are crap    break when a fly lands on them    I am think of putting a hinge in mine!!

...........................well, I'm new to this , it said add reply ..so I pressed button...hope this works.......ya, can't keep that front end down!

also, I think I have the honor of being the first person to break their rear fender!!!!!......................masso

ya, I used to do that all the time on old 315....but hasn't been a problem on 4rt

although, when I first hopped on the new bike, a shiver went down my spine when I saw the stock rear brake lever...didn't figure this wood last long...but it has!!!

one of my fellow 4rt's has put the old 315 brake petal on ...it really tucks in well......contact mike hay...he could maybe take a picture for ya ...mhay@telus.net....................masso

dude......tell ya what to do about the broken fender.

if you have the street-legal kit that comes along with the bike...get the rear fender brace....cut off the turn signals, ...and attach it under the stock fender....presto, you have good support for fender.

I snapped my fender in the snow..in febuary.....glued it together...put in brace ....haven't had any trouble since then ........massso

:rolleyes: I hate to belittle the opinion of anyone, but I think JJWhites comments could be better understood if we take into account a few things,

1 The top GasGas mechanic, in the district, (who works for JJ's dad), will be "advising" him on his choice of bike.If the comment by JJ sells a few more gassers, that's good for JJ, his dad, and White bros in general.They sell a lot more gassers than monts.I'm not sure of the identity of some of the other contributors, but this is starting to look like a White bros advertising forum.

2. He has the pick of any bike he chooses, it is a lot different if I make a poor choice of bike, and have to live with it until I can afford a replacement, as is the case for the majority of people.

I would like to add I have no problems with any of the staff at Whites, they have always treat me well, it's just that people should know all the facts before they part with the old hard earned cash.