Sherco 290 Breathing Heavy .

sirsherco

:D Help, After aiming for the moon on a hill climb and gravity taking over I upended my 290 and the throttle jammed wide open.After dusting myself off I NOTICED A COUPLE OF SECTIONS LATER THAT THE CRANKCASE BREATHER WAS pumping oil out and the bash plate was quite wet .Bugger.The bike ran fine and was still easy to start .There was no increase in exhaust smoke or noticeable decrease in performance.It seemed to be breathing more oil out when it was hot ,say after a section.I haven't checked the oil level yet .Any thoughts or processes of elimination I should go through ?.Any help would be appreciated.

I would say the breather tube just topped up after the upending, as with most liquids, oil spills always looks a lot worse than they are. I know cutting off the end of breather tubes to 45 degrees stops the (venturi) effect, which was a big problem on an FJ1100 yam I still own. The other cause could be too much gearbox oil ie: 500cc instead of the 450cc for a sherco!!!!!

I would say the breather tube just topped up after the upending, as with most liquids, oil spills always looks a lot worse than they are. I know cutting off the end of breather tubes to 45 degrees stops the (venturi) effect, which was a big problem on an FJ1100 yam I still own. The other cause could be too much gearbox oil ie: 500cc instead of the 450cc for a sherco!!!!!

Thanks for that ,I have been riding for the last few weeks with oil level same@ 450 and no drama until i flipped it and it fanged it's guts out.There was more oil than youd normally find just in the breather tube.