Problem Fitting A Jitsie Lanyard Kill Switch To 2012 Beta

jamie123

Hi, I have a 2012 beta evo 250 and I bought a jitsie lanyard kill switch and I cannot get it to connect with the bike. The lanyard comes with a black wire for connecting to the ignition and a brown earth wire. The wires on the bike are different. There is 2 wires coming from the top of the shock area which one is black and the other is black and white and they both connect to a plastic white connecting point with a square end. I have tried a lot of different things but none work. I got a normal kill button fitted 2 years ago because the bike wouldn't start and the wires for that kill button are one is black and the other is black and white just like the ones on the bike and they both connect to a white plastic connector that fits in the bikes square, white connecting point.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I have fitted them to three different Evo's, two 2011's and a 2014. in all cases I fitted the wires into the plug with the Black & black/white wires. this has worked on all three. If yours doesn't work this way I would suspect that you have a dodgy switch.