Gatti?

neonsurge

I've accumulated quite a few downloaded trials videos and several of the Japanese ones (JTC annual reviews etc.) seem to feature a bloke called Gatti quite heavily. I have one that's about 10 minutes long which seems to be him training and practising. I just wondered who he is (my Japanese isn't up to much)?

They're about 10Mb each so are a little large to email. There's some very good super slo-mo demos of step techniques etc. but like I said, all of the commentary and on-screen text is in Japanese. They look like excerpts from some full-length DVD or video. Can't remember which site they came from but if you drop me a PM with your address I could send you a CD...

I'd still like to know who this Gatti bloke is - he's obviously a bit handy...

Edited by neonsurge

Gatti is Tomoyuki Ogawa .

Here is a link to his web page : http://www.interq.or.jp/sun/hitoh/

You can also goto the links page of trialsnet Asia :

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Athlete-Acropolis/2540/links.html

And click on the English translation of the above link , where you can read some of the information about him , such as Profile and History . Though some of the excite translation into English is a little odd in places .

I have copies of two of his DVDs , " Gatti Lecture First " , which is quite good IMO . Though the audio is all in Japanese the visuals are good enough that I have gotten alot out of it with out understanding the language . Actually after viewing this and other Japanese trials videos I find that I can pick up alot of the audio instruction , there are many English words worked into the language , such as brakeo , clutcheo , etc. ( I also have the four volumes of Kenichi Kuroyama's Trials Technique Bible Vol 1 - 4 , though only Vol 4 is on DVD . I recommend highly them too )

The other Gati DVD I have is "Gatti Trials Artist" . It is ok and intended just for fun viewing , but I like the other DVD much more . He also has another DVD which I have not seen , " Gatti Lecture Zero" .

Hope this was of some help .

best regards,

David

The jap riders are fantastic and also theres some good crashes!!! :blink: well worth downloading, Ogawa's video is good.

Only a couple of the riders tend to do the worlds, yet, most of the Japanese riders could do very well at it

Edited by Jools