Manx 2 Day Trials Results?

physco

Ah! Now I remember......did you have a go at that waterfall??

I was almost up and unfortunately went for a low side dab and had to step off. Have got up it about 2 or three years ago.

Jools - is that you that finished 16th! If so well done, cracking ride.

All - Any thoughts about the severity of sections this year, either your own or what people were saying generally???? It's a while since the winner lost 19 on the National solo course. And discounting a great ride by the leading two in the clubmans, marks seemed to be slightly highter than previously. Anyone find it too hard??

i thought it was spot on! I lost a few my fives becuse of the no stop rule. The sections were very good. Shame the alot of the novogar rounds cannot be like it.There was some sections that were very hard, but i think you will have to have them to sort the likes of colley and thorpe etc out. :blink:

If the Novogar rounds were the same as the National route, I would fight to get to every one. Some sections I didn't manage to get up, but could have a good go at nearly all of them.

Last year was brilliant, and I thought maybe I had enhanced the memory of it in my mind, you know what I mean, some things when you go back are not as good as the first time you did it. But this year was every bit as good as last year.

I still ran out of steam around the beach on Saturday (Scarlet really knackers me out, all that grip and hopping about), and it all came back a bit later on.

Nightmare Sunday morning , but didn't put a foot wrong on Sunday afternoon.

The trial is absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost don't want to shout about it, because I want to be able to get an entry every year. We were saying the other day, we'd book the hotel now if we could guarantee an entry.

For our group of riders, giving priority to National entries would make most of us definite about riding it.

There were a lot of riders on the clubman route that ride better than me. Not sure if it's pot hunting or just playing safe, I suspect a bit of both.

Looking at the results on the Saturday, I reckoned I would have been around 20th-25th on the clubman route. There are some good centre experts on that route, when everyone in the top 50 AT LEAST is capable of the National route.

I know it's hard to control it, but I reckon everyone under 40 who has won a 1st class award or higher on the clubman route should have to ride the National route (or something based around that sort of idea).

And I think it would be fairly safe to make all riders who are of Expert status ride the national route.

What would concern me a little (maybe) is a new Clerk of the Course next year - If the level increased next year by the same as it increased this year, then I think I'd have a bit of a struggle, and I was just wondering if the idea might be to increase the level as the National route this year was catering for the top 20% of the entry as opposed to top 25% last year. (You know what I mean - just keeping an eye on the trend).

Anyway, absolutely spot on trial, including the organisation, admin, course marking, people, etc etc - superb!!!!!!!!

Just my thoughts - it would be interesting to see what others think.

Cheers for the comments so far. Its always nice to hear that people enjoyed the trial and that we were catering for the riders at the right level.

We have our post trial review next week and I will bring along your comments to feed back.

I agree about the Clerk of the course concerns, and this is our top priority to get sorted asap to ensure continuity. I don't think that it was a concious thing to increase the difficulty, but what you may find is that it will stay a similiar level for a while, or certainly won't get harder.

Keep the comments coming.......

Also, the photos from the weekend are available from www.actionandevents.co.uk to purchase. There are some crackers and even make me look like I knew what i was doing!! Please have a browse and support the guys if you can by purchasing a piccy, they did it for free and both have day jobs so we want to make it worth their while. :blink:

Thanks Gasserboy & Cubby! :D

I thought the sections were absolutly spot on, Technical and tricky, nothing severe. that was 1 of about 4 nationals i have enjoyed this year, excellent!

I spoke to a few riders on thursday who were on the clubman course, they all said the sunday was hard, but, they WILL BE BACK!! :wall: same as everyone has said... extremely good trial. My frst time at the trial and will go back, not only because of the amasing trial but also the night life! :blink:

Jenkins had a ace ride for first time.

Thanks again cubby and everyone envolved!!!!!

Edited by Jools