Weight Of Tires?

ktm96duke

i know this may seem like a crazy question-but has anyone ever weighed a set of tires? trying to find the lightest set possible ( yeah,i know-a set of worn bald ones are lighter-ha ha). but i can't seem to find weight specs on trials tires from the companies. :(

Quite heavy!!!..I seem to remember it was ABOUT 15kg, when I bought some out here on the plane with me..mind you those scales at the airport are probably not very accurate eh! :(:) ..know what I mean!!

BUT...if you're lucky, (like I was)..some check in staff will consider them as "sporting equipment"...like a set of skis, and will not include them on your baggage allowance!!! :huh:;)

Havn't checked rear tyres...but the diffreence on the front between pirelli and michlen (both tubed type) is just over a kilo or 2.2 pounds in the michlens favour I guess that the difference at the back would be more ..hope this helps :(

I got a Pirelli rear. Was on EBay going quite cheap I think. Still got the bikes original front Michelin. Is nearly bald though! (Bike 5yrs old.)

Seems to work ok to me, but is the 1st time ive ever had a new tyre, so can't compare to anything else!

Pete.