Inevitable Consequence?

dadof2

Here's a nice river crossing, but maybe a tad too steep  :moon:

https://www.facebook.com/129021270584180/videos/486603764825927/

And here's one for the nostalgics among you all

https://www.facebook.com/andreu.roigsegura/videos/10206157700451923/

(And don't forget we're discussing first world problems here)  :rolleyes:

Edited by guys

Maybe the decline in trials is just a result from the fact that over the past decades, people have access to a lot more other hobbies and sports. 

I think that part of the problem is inevitable atm. If you look broader you will see it in other disciplines aswell. People have less time, economical conditions, less social time to spend at sport clubs as volunteer etc.

Look at small MX GP starting field, etc.

Supermoto used to be a very big starting field in Belgium and the Netherlands. Now they have bundled both competitions because the number of riders are decreasing. Some clubs cancel events (with again makes people quit the competition). Amatures need to drive very far in order to participate the whole competitition. If you live up north in Netherlands and have to go 5 times a year to the border of Belgium and France this cost serious money (togheter with fuel, tyres, registration fees, licences etc). It becomes quite serieus expensive. And ok its a hobby and may cost money and time, but if people cant afford it anymore its one of the easiest things to stop with. No competitors no competition, no competition, no competitors.

If I would participate in national events (not in the higher class) I would end up higher in ranking than in the regional and club trials, and I would have the same competitors (but less). I would need to pay a lot extra, have far more rules etc and the results do not say anything.

This does go troughout the whole lot of people, from beginners to experts. All experts start as beginners...

What does get a lot of entries here? Off the road rides, just get to the event, subscribe, ride the route as you like, no special rules (exept sound rules), no penalties when you dont start, just have fun.

Edited by crazybond700
  • Like 1

We're all a lot older here in Europe,don't think you can compare our densely populated isle with Down under Mr Lucas.

We've no ground and bad weather not a good recipe for off road Motorcycling.

Anyone who's been around a bit will tell you there's more to trial than a few decent sections.

As for the WTC,most members wouldn't know Toni Bou (No disrepect the greatest) if he ran them down on his 4rt singing the Spanish national anthem.

• Like 1