349 Kickstart Return Spring

martin 305

Didn't have one when I got the bike and now I have one can't seem to see how it fits got manual with exploded view but not clear think I may have wrong spring or being particularly blonde today ! Any one got a pic or advice

Many thanks Martin

Install the spring so that the hooked end fits in the kick start lever slot below the clamp bolt. Then insert the straight end of the spring into the hole in the flywheel case, directly above the kick start shaft. Do this before engaging the kick start lever on the shaft splines. You may have to stretch the spring out slightly. Then with the spring engaged, turn the kick start lever to the 1 o'clock position and slide the kick start lever onto the shaft splines. Ensure that the kick start shaft is turned fully clockwise before installation of the spring.

The easiest way to proceed is this:

Before mounting the right outer crankcase, hook the spring on to the lever and mount lever and spring unit on the crankcase inserting the spring's arm in its housing on the crankcase. Then mount the lever, spring and crankcase on engine. 

The easiest way to proceed is this:

Before mounting the right outer crankcase, hook the spring on to the lever and mount lever and spring unit on the crankcase inserting the spring's arm in its housing on the crankcase. Then mount the lever, spring and crankcase on engine.

Cheers for that couldn't see for looking !!!!