Logging Out

duncan36

Sorry i know this is the wrong section, but it won't let me post this in the website section.

Why does the site keep logging me out, even when going in between pages. It does the same when on my PC, iPhone and iPad. Unlike a lot of forums, there isn't a 'always stay logged in' button at sign in, so is there another setting i've missed? It's driving me mad :)

I am aware of this, but have the following issues:

1. This affects a tiny number of users.

2. There is no pattern to those it affects e.g. It's not everyone using a specific browser or everyone using a certain version of a browser or a certain operating system.

3. I cannot replicate the problem. Unless I can see the problem myself, I cannot troubleshoot it.

4. The software providers have investigated and they cannot replicate the problem either. As above, if they cannot see the problem themselves, they cannot fix it.

If there is someone who is a bit computer savvy who is having this problem and who would be willing to work with the software providers to attempt to resolve then please let me know as that's the only way I can see to potentially fix it.

HI Andy

Thanks for your reply. The only thing i could think of was a lack of a cookie to keep some people logged in. If i get chance i'll ask my IT guys to see if they have any ideas and get back to you, i don't understand half the stuff they do for my websites lol

HI Andy

Thanks for your reply. The only thing i could think of was a lack of a cookie to keep some people logged in. If i get chance i'll ask my IT guys to see if they have any ideas and get back to you, i don't understand half the stuff they do for my websites lol

It is cookie related, but no reason as to why it works for the majority. It is even more wierd in that for some it doesn't work at all and for others it works on some devices, but not others.

• 2 weeks later...