300 Jotagas Pinking

evo boy

Hello All I need some help. Road my 2014 300 Jotagas today and I am having some pinking problems. I run it on V power fuel 75-1 and have the gold head insert. Seemed really bad today as the weather was a little hot. Can anyone help...

If you have a mid brown coloured plug your mixture will be spot on.

I believe the problem lies in the head inserts.

There are 2 or 3 gold coloured head inserts and you may not have the one you need ie the lowest compression.

They are measured at the factory by coating the gasket face in grease and placing it firmly on glass. They you fill it up measuring the oil.I got one from the factory which they assured me would cure the same problem I had. .. and it did.

The bike has no more pinking and revs higher.

I will get the oil capacity from one of the mechanics at the factory for you so when you order another you can get the right one.

Other people I know fitted the wrong gold inserts. It's an easy mistake to make.

Ok...ive been in touch with one of the mechanics.

I know this doesn't exactly make it easy for you....but the internal volume of the insert should be 42cc to the top of the spark plug hole. The factory does have these inserts and they were fitted to later 2014 models as standard and no doubt 2015 bikes. I would imagine that they are supplied by S3 Girona so try contacting Michel there.